The well-being and safety of our players, coaches, referees and their families is of utmost importance. Cainhoy Athletic administrators and staff are closely monitoring the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation and will follow the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and health professionals with regards to our programming and activities.
We will continue monitoring information provided by the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), US Youth Soccer (USYS), South Carolina Youth Soccer Association (SCYSA), US Club Soccer, as well as all local school districts and government officials.
We will use this information to determine a timeline for a return to regular club programming.
Best Practices for Health:
There is currently no vaccine to prevent the Coronavirus. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed. Everyday preventive actions should be taken:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow the CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including Coronavirus.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms to help prevent the spread of the disease.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Additionally, there are a number of different resources and communications from the CDC regarding the Coronavirus that you can watch at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.